Charles H. Wolfe is listed in the 1906 Columbus City Directory as a bartender.
In the 1913 and 1915 Directories, Wolfe & Rowland is listed at 339 South High Street. In 1913 Wolfe lived at 335 South Monroe Avenue. In 1915 he resided at 247 South Monroe Avenue. William H. Rowland is listed as early as 1893 Directory as a bartender. In 1903 he is a partner with James H. House in the saloon located at 129 East Main Street, House & Rowland. In 1911, Rowland is listed as the manager (sole proprietor) of the Red Lion Cafe at 335 South High Street.
In 1916 Wolfe & Rowland is listed at 336 South High Street. Wolfe then lived at 328-1/2 South High Street. By 1917, Wolfe appears to have become sole proprietor of the saloon. In 1919 the listing is the same, except the business is listed as a restaurant, which coincides with the Wartime Prohibition Act which went into effect on June 30, 1919 immediately preceding the Eighteenth Amendment.